Author Topic: Armalite M15A4 SPC  (Read 944 times)

Offline Phyrst

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Armalite M15A4 SPC
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »
I am seriously close to buying one of these from Precision Airsoft.  Yet their lack of good descriptions may cause me not to.

My questions are this:

Since its made by CA, should I assume that it has steel gears? etc

I want to use it as a platform for a M203, should I get the RIS version or the mounted version of the 203?

Lastly:  This will most likely be the first weapon that I plan to upgrade.  My thinking is that with the higher end gun I will need to upgrade less things, or should I get a lower end weapon because more parts will be after market?

I pray that the Sages of AA guide me.   :roll:

Be Well,
Phyrst
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1

Offline Shado

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »
This would be a great weapon to start with.  I have two CA's.  With the SPC you should get a RIS M203 since it has the rails at the front.  And to your last question, Alot of what comes with a stock CA is preupgraded. So to answer your first question, yes it has steal gears, but also has metal bushings and a metal body.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Shado »

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »
I have an SPC and it is rock solid. All I did to upgrade it was throw in a PDI 170 spring and it shoots 395 - 400 consistently. It has never failed me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 08:40:30 PM »
I'm just waiting on my next paycheck to buy one of these.  I was looking at TM and then upgrading to metal internals/externals later on, but then I figured it'd be a lot easier to spend a little extra and go with all metal, not to mention the one-piece barrel.  The only upgrades I'm planning on are a tightbore, a new spring, and an M203.  Since I don't have unlimited cash though, I'm going with the foregrip model (instead of RIS).  I might add RIS later on.  But I'm rambling... the point is when I was researching I found a pretty good article about the CA M15A4.  Sure the grammar isn't great, but it does some great comparisons.  Here it is:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/careview/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 05:30:01 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up guys, I bought it!  In fact I just got it last Fri. and used it Sunday.  It is a rock indeed!

Be Well,
Phyrst
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1