Author Topic: The Cartographer, at your service  (Read 886 times)

Offline The Cartographer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
The Cartographer, at your service
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:51:33 PM »
Hi guy's,
I've been reconning this forum board for awhile and am impressed with you guys as a whole.  This is really a group I would like to hang with.

A little about me:
I'm 16. just got my first AEG about 3 weeks ago.  I got referred here by the guys at Jungle Toy.  I have no experience with airsoft but I did play paintball for a while.  It was fun, but lacked the organization and tactics of an airsoft game.  I'm a BIG military freak, so I know (or think I know) a little on tactics.  My dream is to make it to Special Forces.

I'm still trying to figure out how the games work but I am patient and will try to contribute as much as I can to the team.  Any advice on or off the field is greatly appreciated.  Also, if you see me doing something stupid, feel free to smack me and say "watch your muzzle, idiot!" or whatever.  I wont take it personally.

Mostly, I'm here because I want to experience the milsim aspect of airsoft.
Quick question, how does the whole waiver and fee thing work?  Do I just bring both to the first game I go to or mail them to your "headquarters" or just do it all online?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by The Cartographer »
Ph\'nglui mglw\'nafh Cthulhu R\'lyeh wgah\'nagl fhtagn

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 12:30:24 AM »
Well, that's pretty cool.

You've done the first step, which is to not completely f*ck up your introduction post.

Second step is to just find non-official AA games to go and play. You're not old enough to go to the official monthly AA games yet unfortunately but you can still go to unofficial ones. To clarify, not all games posted on the forums are official AA games, just the ones posted by Airsofter1.

The waiver and fee are really only for the official AA games, so, you don't need to worry about that.

Also, if you're really into the military you should probably know the four rules of firearms, so I hope that you never have to be corrected about muzzle sweeping people.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 07:49:39 AM »
I like this guy already....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:26:28 AM »
:D Allright. You are more than welcome! Can't wait to see you on the field.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 11:59:30 AM »
Welcome to the boards. It seems like for every 100 'special' 14 year olds we get, we seem to get a few very mature minors. Lookin forward to playing with you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 12:03:17 PM »
Quote from: "HavHav"
Welcome to the boards. It seems like for every 100 'special' 14 year olds we get, we seem to get a few very mature minors. Lookin forward to playing with you.

He uses we loosely, as he was definitely not one of the former.

A certain incident at Jack in the Box springs to mind.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline The Cartographer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »
Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Vince, thanks for the clarification on the games.  I just thought of a few more questions.
1. Do I still need an adult with me at the unofficial games?
2. How do you guys decide on teams, is it just by the color camo everyone is wearing, or do you have armbands, or what?
3. How do you guys usually play, do you have squads or does everyone usually just go it alone?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by The Cartographer »
Ph\'nglui mglw\'nafh Cthulhu R\'lyeh wgah\'nagl fhtagn

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 01:58:37 PM »
No, you're fine for MOST unofficial games. Best bet is to just read the rules first.

We break up teams according to pattern, greens vs tans.

Usually, people have their friends they like buddying up with, but it's all very adhoc which is good and keeps things fresh and new.