Author Topic: SR25 upgrades  (Read 651 times)

Offline AddoAduro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
SR25 upgrades
« on: April 04, 2006, 12:11:26 AM »
So, once I get some money again, I plan on placing an order at Redwolf, consisting of the following: (plus some things I just remembered now)

G&G SR25 Sniper - $472.00 /w free shipping
King Arms Rail Mount Folding Handguard Bipod - $72.00
TSC 3-9x50 Scope - $52.00
Large Type 8.4V 2000mah battery, fits in G&G SR25 stock - $25.00
TLP 4000C IntelliCharger with Discharger - $43.80
I planned on adding a few mags, but they don't have them at Redwolf, apperently.

Now, I have a couple questions.  First, will the Systema FTK's for M4's, M16's, or SR-16's work with this, or are there upgrades specific to the SR25?  If they won't, what parts should I get?  Second, as this is a semi-auto only rifle, it would fall under the sniper rules, limited to 500 fps, correct?  Is there some reason I'm just failing to see that would explain why the G&P SR25 is quite a bit more expensive than the G&G? Should I get the G&P instead? Last thing, (I think)  does anyone have recommendations on a different scope, bipod, etc?  Am I missing anything other than BB's and mags?

While I'm at it, two other semi-related questions:
1. Although I only looked through the first 5 or so pages of scope mounts, etc on Redwolf, I didn't see any sort of "riser" or whatever you'd call it that simply attaches to an existing rail to raise the height of the rail.

2. Seeing as how I've never even cracked a gun open before, should I have the internal upgrades done by Redwolf, or risk breaking the gun and doing it myself as a learning experience?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by AddoAduro »
Quote from: \"XavierMace\"
Every day I have to wade through mountains of stupid posts on forums by kids who feel it necessary to share their personal life on the internet like they think we care.

Offline alamaan000

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:18:31 AM »
Well for #2 question, you shouldn't let overseas companies upgrade your gun, sometime they use pretty cheap parts (I don't know about Redwolf, someone inform me), Just look around and buy the upgrade parts individually, and have someone over here at AA do it for about 50 bucks that rick breaking it yourself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by alamaan000 »

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »
Redwolf, if you contact them and tell them exactly what you want, they won't rip you off.  If you're unsure, email Paul Chu directly.  Otherwise, just order the gun as-is and take it to Paul or Jeremiah to get it shooting a bit hotter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dust2Dust »