Author Topic: 05.30.09 The Hills Have Eyes (Sasco)  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Kileyhaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 05.30.09 The Hills Have Eyes (Sasco)
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »
Assuming everyone who has RSVPd attends we are looking at 89 participants at this time.  Player packs will likely go out the start of next week.  Your player pack will include safety and conduct rules as well as your setting info and first mission parameters.  If you plan on attending and have not RSVPd by filling out the form linked on post #1 then you will not get this info.  YOU WILL be held accountable for knowing the info in that player pack so please RSVP now if you have not otherwise you will be a handicap to your team and game staff will have little tolerance for those who don't know the rules.  We are doing it this way on this event to cut down on pregame brief time, so don;t expect a recap on the morning of the event.

Thank you all for the interest and we are looking forward to seeing you out there roasting in the sun with us on the 30th.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline NHtucsonaz

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »
is there anyone from tucson that is going to this that would want to carpool?
[/b][/color]
cyma ak74w/6.03tb
TM AK all black w/ c-mag
ICS MP5 A4 w/ G&P M120 Ultra High Speed Motor
KWA G19 GBB
HFC MAC11 GBB
TM AK stock

Offline buddha23861

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deserthawks.org
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 08:02:37 PM »
Quote from: "NHtucsonaz"
is there anyone from tucson that is going to this that would want to carpool?

if your from Tucson you should go to this website http://tucsonairsoftcoalition.com/forum/

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:46 AM »
IMPORTANT!
Player packs have been emailed to those who have rsvp'd as of this morning.  Please check your mail.  If you do not have a player pack and where expecting one then check the following:

A) Ensure it is not in your spam folder, the email address it comes from is http://deserthawks.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=43

Note: Registration will close and the follow up round of player packs will be sent on Monday the 25th.  Please have your RSVP in by that time.

Lionclaws players who would like to complete LC and get home before making the decision to attend or not, please PM me to RSVP after the 25th and I will manually add you to the rosters.

Continue to post your questions to this thread and we will continue to answer them.  Thanks for the interest!

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Teamphantom.net/forums
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »
Be ready for a hot one guys. 106+  

Bring lots of water we don't want anyone becoming a heat casualty.
If your going down give them hell before you do.
\"Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student.
At least they can find Afghanistan

Offline Kilo11

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/Darklighterstheory
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 07:00:41 PM »
Show me down +1 for Pathans. Also quick question, i have a full set of OD greed BDUs, is that fine for this role?
Quote from: \"Pheonix 797\"

Anywho, good luck and remember Airsoft is about safety and integrity. If you make us look bad we hunt you  \":lol:\"

1st Squad, Marines, Allied Forces, Op Bulldog II

Offline WATER-BOY

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
Quote from: "Kilo11"
Show me down +1 for Pathans. Also quick question, i have a full set of OD greed BDUs, is that fine for this role?

go to first page and hit link to redirect yoursef to the rsvp page

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:50 AM »
Thanks water-boy!

Quote from: "Kilo11"

Yes, please get rsvp'd if you have not done so at this point.  Both you and your guest will need and entry with valid email addresses to get your player packs.

A full set of OD green BDUs is fine for the pathan tribesman impression.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »
Apologies for spelling and grammar in the player packs, and thank you for bearing with us.  We had to balance doing proper proof reading against getting the packs out with enough time for those who made mistakes in signing up to resign up and have a reasonable expectation of getting another player pack in time.

The map in that player pack is provided as a reference map.  Please feel free to bring a copy of that map with you as some orders will refer to that grid system.  You may fill in your maps with notes or way points as you and your faction-mates see fit.

The boundaries of play are pretty wide open.  Expect the mountain to be your boundary to the west.  Le Osa Ranch road is the east boundary.  Sasco rd is your south boundary and your north boundary will be were le osa ranch road cuts west and heads north west.

Please plan on parking near the ruins.  We will have staff to direct you and help you park in a manner that will maximize use of the space and minimize the waste of playing space.  If you must park your car on the east side of the water crossing, please do so at the empty lot just west of the feed lot and do so in an orderly fashion.

Various players and some staff will be shuttling folks across the water.  If you need a ride across the water please plan to arrive early or else you run the risk of walking in when the shuttles stop.

Again, if you have not gotten your player pack and were expecting one, you must RSVP again.  Please do not PM or email me asking for one, I dont have the time to micro manage getting a packet into everyones hands without the help of a listing.  If you sign up on the RSVP form again I'll get you one when I send out a second round this week or early next.

Thanks all!

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »
Player package have been send out a 2nd time.  If you already have yours there is no need to open the 2nd one sent today as its a copy of the first.  If this is your first copy of the player package, please review it.  If you don't have one and where expecting one please check your spam folder.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »
AEX, sponsors of 'The Hills Have Eyes' have sent out a great support package for raffling to participants at the end of the day.  Be sure to thank them for their generous support of our local events next time you speak to anyone in their organization.

While supplies last, all participants will receive a coupon good for an AEX purchase (while we wont tell you what it does I can assure you you'll like it if your eye balling anything at AEX right now).

Additionally, the following items will be raffled off at the end of the event:

Tan and Black AEX ball caps
Black AEX shirts with a new design!
AMP Aimpoint style red/green dot
The new Classic Army Sportline AUG A2

Thank you AEX!

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 02:34:36 PM »
Just returned from SASCO, here is the report for the route if all conditions hold true from Today (Thursday) to Saturday:

There are 2 areas where the road is flooded.  Area 1 is near the second cattle guard on Sasco road, before the normally flooded area the Santa Cruz passes through.  Area 1 is very shallow and passable even by sedan.  Floor of the area is solid.  Take it slow and anyone will be fine.

Area 2 is the santa cruz crossing, the area that is normally flooded.  It is at a low to medium low level.  Pickups and SUVs should have no problem be they 2 or 4 wheel drive.  Sedan with intakes that are high clearance are at your own risk but should be passable.  I witnessed a Toyota Camry make the crossing while I was there.  Please gauge the level at your own comfort level as killing a car in water is an easy thing to do and is totally on the driver of the vehicle.  The floor of area 2 is sandy and compact in the water and sandy and loose on both sides.  Avoid any undue course corrections to minimize getting stuck in the sand.

At 2pm is was very hot out at Sasco, please be sure to hydrate yourselves the night prior to the event and take precautions to avoid getting too much sun or dehydration during play.  Here is the weather report for Saturday:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/85245?dayNum=2

The high should be 101F but the UV index is 10+ so suncreen is recommended if you burn easily.  If weather.com holds true we may get some cloud cover rolling during the day with a chance of rain in the afternoon/evening but lets continue to treat it like it will be a scorcher so any break in the heat is welcome respite and not counted on.

I hope everyone is looking forward to this event, I know the Desert Hawks are, see you out there!

Offline NHtucsonaz

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 03:18:25 PM »
thanks for the road/weather update, and am looking forward to this event and meeting all you guys there
[/b][/color]
cyma ak74w/6.03tb
TM AK all black w/ c-mag
ICS MP5 A4 w/ G&P M120 Ultra High Speed Motor
KWA G19 GBB
HFC MAC11 GBB
TM AK stock

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 03:27:51 PM »
Apologies for the multiple posts, I just want to make sure you all have the info you need to be to the event on time and with minimal fuss.

There is construction on I10 in the area of Red Rock.  They will have the exits to Red Rock closed Friday morning for sure and there is a possibility they will be closed Saturday morning until 6am.  Here are the workarounds.

From Phoneix:
Exit at Pichacho Peak, go under the overpass, turn south and proceed down the frontage road.  You can exit the frontage road at Red Rock and proceed as normal.

If you miss Picacho Peak you can proceed past Red Rock to Pinal Air Park, use the exit to get on North I10 and then use the unnamed exit at the APS plant to get onto the frontage road.

From Tucson:
Exit at the APS plant after Pinal Air Park.

If you miss the APS exit pass Red Rock and exit at Picacho peak, get on south bound frontage road and proceed as normal.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »
A little storm just rolled through,  lets hope its enough to keep things cool a little later into the morning ;)

Just wanted to give a heads up that there is a 'strong' possibility of a vehicle or vehicles being involved in this game.  It would not be a bad idea to pack grenadier gear for those that enjoy that sort of thing as nerfs will be needed to down anything motorized.  I'm not saying its a for sure thing but it 'could' happen ;)