Author Topic: 05.30.09 The Hills Have Eyes (Sasco)  (Read 7265 times)

Offline Kileyhaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
05.30.09 The Hills Have Eyes (Sasco)
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
The Desert Hawks and AEX are pleased to bring you:

OP: The Hills Have Eyes

Along the southern slopes of the Hindu Kush mountain range lays Khyber Pass the main trading route between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Ultimately it is the main route for supplies to the Taliban regime in Afghanistan and the main source of income from arms dealing and opium trade for groups such as the Sleepy Mans militia known as PEDAR. This mountain side pass has seen more war and death than any other single location on the face of the planet; its blood soaked routs can be dated back before the march of the Armies of Alexander the Great. The hills are riddled with the ruined forts of the armies of the past no one nation every truly able to control the region. Its passes have been guarded for generations now by the Pathans, rather fierce Pushtu-speaking hill tribes. Even the Pakistani government that lays claims to most of this region only partially controls the area thru complex games of bribery, threat and divide-and-rule with those chiefs to maintain its nominal authority. The Taliban themselves can find their roots amongst these people and their tribes are fierce supporters of the Jihad against the western world. It is these traitorous mountain hills and tribes that are believed to hide Osama Bin Laden and the majority of the commanders of his armies. Both sides of this pass are guarded by the armies of the respective countries that hold their openings Pakistan to the easy and the armies of the Afghanistan nation to the west with the American square in the middle of it all.

It is here that members of the Army’s 10th Mountain Division out of Fort Drum, New York have tracked down Mullah Habib Rahman Aziz. Believed to have been handpicked by Osama Bin Laden himself; his men are amongst the best trained and feared of the Taliban Regime. It is believed that this man alone is the eyes, ears, and representative to PEDAR in Afghanistan. His forces have claimed to have suffered virtually no losses in their war against what they call the “American-orchestrated regime”. His winter camp has been located near one of the ruined British fort left over from the Third Afghan War of 1919 known as SASCO. It is of the highest importance that he be removed from power before the melting of the winter snows bringing the spring and a re-insurgence of attacks on American lead forces. This is of the highest importance for both the war against Al-Qaeda and stopping funding for PEDAR forces.

Where:
SASCO
Directions: http://tucsonairsoftcoalition.com/forum ... ?f=11&t=10

When:
Saturday, May 30th
0600 Arrive and preparation
0700 Registration & Chrono*
0800 Pregame Brief
0830 Game Start

*You must chrono on time, if your late you will not be allowed to play, make plans to be on time or early.

For more information, including what the factions are, what uniforms are allowed, and how to RSVP please visit the official webpage for this event located here:

http://deserthawks.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=43

*This is a milsim event, please be sure to bring enough ammunition and water on your person to make it the entire day.  We will not be breaking for hydration or reloading until the completion of the entire scenario.
Also, stay tuned to this first post as updates are posted...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:28:01 PM by Kileyhaz »
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline Nitro1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 05.30.09 The Hills Have Eyes (Sasco)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Sweet!   Me likey Sasco.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Deal With It...

Offline NHtucsonaz

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »
ive never played there, i cant wait, me + 1 maybe will be able to go
[/b][/color]
cyma ak74w/6.03tb
TM AK all black w/ c-mag
ICS MP5 A4 w/ G&P M120 Ultra High Speed Motor
KWA G19 GBB
HFC MAC11 GBB
TM AK stock

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:17:33 PM »
and how to RSVP please visit the official webpage for this event located here:

http://deserthawks.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=43

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline digitydog

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »
I have digital desert marpat and my gillie suite. Are either of those allowed or fit in any category?

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 07:08:47 AM »
Head count is at 30+ already with a pretty even split between the factions.  Please stay tuned to this thread for event information and some rules or intel sneak-peeks.

Quote from: "digitydog"
I have digital desert marpat and my gillie suite. Are either of those allowed or fit in any category?

Desert MARPAT does not map to any of the factions for this event, if the ghillie is a full one head to toe and you will be wearing it all day it can map to any force, if your only wearing it part of the day or its only a partial suit then it maps to whatever you wear underneath it.  While we regret that it does cause concern for a few players who only own a desert marpat uniform they should be able to get in on the pathan tribes faction without buying any new equipment since its essentially a bunch of armed villagers.  We will make sure to write Desert MARPAT into the faction table for the next event to keep the overall balance going on.  We appreciate the understanding of all the players and their help in making sure that the impressions are followed.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
So, we have had a few PMs from folks who seemed confused about the uniform requirements for 'The Hills Have Eyes'.  I'll attempt to explain it in detail here real quick, if you continue to have questions feel free to PM me.  If your asking for an exception, don't PM me, you won't get it.

Here is what the event flyer calls for:

Taliban Lead Forces
Taliban: US Woodland or US Tiger Stripe
Pathans Tribesman: DenimODBlack bottoms, Civilian top or tunic, a Shemagh is highly recommended [NO Camouflage]

American Lead Forces
Afghanistan Army: US 3 color DCU, US 6 color DCU, or solid tan top and bottoms
10th Mountain Division US Army: Full ACU Uniform or Full Multi-Cam Uniform

Here is how it breaks down:

Taliban can wear US Woodland or US Tiger Stripe.  These need to be full uniforms top and bottom.  Please do not mix and match these with other camouflage.  Any kind of load bearing gear or headgear is fine.

Pathan tribesman can wear denim, olive drab, or black bottoms or tactical pants.  This includes any mid east garb that some of you may or may not have.  Your top may be any civilian type top, so that includes polos, t shirts, and tunics.  You MAY NOT WEAR any camouflage tops or bottoms.  We recommend a shemagh but it is not required.  Any kind of load bearing gear is fine.

Afghanistan Army may wear 3 color US desert, 6 color us desert, or solid tan tops and bottoms.  They may also wear a tan t shirt with tan bottoms if they so choose.  Any kind of load bearing gear or headgear is fine.

10th mountain division may wear full ACU uniforms or full multicam uniforms, this includes both the top and the bottom.  Any kind of load bearing gear or headgear is fine.

If your uniform of choice, such as desert dpm, desert marpat, flectarn etc are not on the above list then you may not wear it to this event.  If that is the only uniform you own you can easily find some play cloths to sport the pathan tribesman faction in a pinch or sit this one out.

Full Ghillie suits can go on any faction they would like.  If you have a partial ghillie suit, such as a hood and cape or tunic type, then you must wear the faction uniform underneath your ghillie.

I know this makes some folks all sad face but we are shooting to make these events have some flavor of an impression to them and did not want to include every possible combination of uniform in it.  As a side not we probably will limit the field like this for the foreseeable future, though we will change some of the patterns up to get the more popular camos a turn on the rotation.

Please, do not show up in whatever you want disregarding this post.  We will punt you from the event and then all of us will be sad face.

Yes, we know this will limit our numbers some but we hope its a valuable trade off to improving the atmosphere of the simulation.

Offline B3ANZOR

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lights Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/lightsoutairsoft
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 03:07:46 PM »
me and two others registered through the website. were we supposed to get some kind of confirmation? or just signing up works

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:48 AM »
Quote from: "B3ANZOR"
me and two others registered through the website. were we supposed to get some kind of confirmation? or just signing up works
Just filling out the form and clicking submit posts it to our roster sheet.  You wont get any kind of email confirmation until we send out the pregame player packs which will happen a few days before the event.

35+ RSVP'd so far, looking like a pretty even split between the factions at this point.  Don't let the Santa Cruz river crossing at Sasco hold you up, some players will be making shuttle runs between the AO and the river crossing to get everyone to the AO with minimal fuss.  Yes it means you have to show up early to get a ride down that last leg but with it getting light so early who is really going to mind that for a 40+ (likely 60+) player game?

Offline **INFIDEL**

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
I'll be there In multi-cam..... :D/ If the timings right I can haul up to 5 across the wet spot ...and as always I have tow straps for the brave ones... :mrgreen:
EDIT: Be there In woodland garb !!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:35:48 PM by **INFIDEL** »
** VINI VEDE VECE **

Offline SilverLogic

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Teamphantom.net/forums
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
Phantom will be coming. this is to add to Infidels post.

Unconfirmed numbers  as for previous weekend is LC.

Woodland for Phantom guys.
If your going down give them hell before you do.
\"Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student.
At least they can find Afghanistan

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »
Quote from: "SilverLogic"
Phantom will be coming. this is to add to Infidels post.

Unconfirmed numbers  as for previous weekend is LC.

Woodland for Phantom guys.

Sweet, be sure everyone RSVPs using the sign up sheet as that is what we will use to send the player packs and even out the rosters.

Folks, we are at 52+ RSVPs at this time.  Player packs are almost complete and will be mailed out one to two weeks before the event.  Please keep in mind this is not a series of pickup games.  This will be a milsim event in which there will be no breaks to drink and refit/reload.  Bring all the water, snacks, BBs and Batteries you will need to get through 4 or 5 hours of play on your person.  Radios are STRONGLY recommended as they will be the primary means of which you will receive additional objectives and orders once the event starts.  Thank you for all your support so far and stay tuned for additional updates!

Offline Dr. Sparky

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 01:44:58 AM »
Quote from: "Kileyhaz"
Radios are STRONGLY recommended as they will be the primary means of which you will receive additional objectives and orders once the event starts.  

What's a good radio that everyone has?

Thx,
-Trey

Offline SkeptikZ

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 07:37:12 AM »
ICOM radios that he actually is selling if i'm not correct.  Check the for sale section.  Also any frs/gmrs is good but icom is the standard I believe.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
Quote from: "SkeptikZ"
ICOM radios that he actually is selling if i'm not correct.  Check the for sale section.  Also any frs/gmrs is good but icom is the standard I believe.

Any FRS/GMRS radio will do...