Author Topic: REBEL UNION has a new home!  (Read 4032 times)

Offline fourwheeltrooperguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major
    • View Profile
REBEL UNION has a new home!
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:53:57 AM »
This is an announcement that Rebel Union will now be running the airsoft division of Fightertown paintball park. This transition will begin in a few weeks. There will be a final game 10-10-09 at the current Rebel Union field. After this final game the field will be deconstructed. We are moving on to bigger and better games. Look forward to the same innovation and game organization that is associated with the Rebel Union name. Also the quality of the new field is much better than what we currently are using. Complete with trenches, cars, helicopters, buildings and much more, we will be able to offer a great airsoft experience. And with the location no longer being out in the middle of the desert we are able to build much more complex simulation props and the reintroduction of sniper towers to our fields without the worry of vandalism that has plagued every field we have constructed to this point. We will also continue the tradition of the BBQ events, keep and eye out for BBQ #4, which is currently being planned and is sure to be the most epic scenario we have done to date.

Admission for the weekly games will be $20 per day, this will include 1000 rounds of ammo for use on the field. You must use the ammo that we provide for you. Additional ammo will be available for purchase if needed. No weapons over 400 fps with a .20 with the exception of bolt action sniper rifles, which have a cap of 500 fps with a .20. Anyone under the age of 15 must wear a full mask, 15 and over eye and mouth protection are required.

Also now that we are insured we are able to allow minors 12 and over with a signed waiver. These waivers can be found at the Fightertown website. There are also pictures of the field on the site.

http://fightertownpaintballpark.com/

If anyone has any questions about what is happening feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
if it bleeds, we can kill it

Offline B3ANZOR

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lights Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/lightsoutairsoft
Re: REBEL UNION has a new home!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »
This is going to be great.

We look forward to seeing everyone at our games.

Everyone is going to love the new fields

Offline Dr. Sparky

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun...just a few questions??

Why can't we use our own ammo?
Why are the fees the same as paintball? Airsoft does a lot less damage to the feild?

Thanks guys...
-Trey

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »
we must use biodegradable ammo, the only way to ensure this is to provide the ammo ourselves, and its included in the entry fee.

as far as the entry fee goes, the facility still costs the same to run reguardless of the fact that airsoft does less damage than paintball, this is a business and needs to generate profit to be successful, plus it is an elaborate field that has a lot of money invested in it's construction. helicopters were trucked in from tucson, and many cars, tons of building material, ecavating equipment has been used for building trench networks, the field has protective nets around them which makes it possible to spectate from a close distance. We are talking about tens of thousands of dollars invested in the creation of these fields. That's why the fee is $20. Which really is not much to ask given the fact that a 1000 rds of bios would cost you at least $10 anywhere else.

Offline extremist

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »
what do you think the time span of the games will be and will there be night games
\'\'Snipers get more head"

Offline **INFIDEL**

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
Quote from: "fourwheeltrooperguy"
we must use biodegradable ammo, the only way to ensure this is to provide the ammo ourselves, and its included in the entry fee.

as far as the entry fee goes, the facility still costs the same to run reguardless of the fact that airsoft does less damage than paintball, this is a business and needs to generate profit to be successful, plus it is an elaborate field that has a lot of money invested in it's construction. helicopters were trucked in from tucson, and many cars, tons of building material, ecavating equipment has been used for building trench networks, the field has protective nets around them which makes it possible to spectate from a close distance. We are talking about tens of thousands of dollars invested in the creation of these fields. That's why the fee is $20. Which really is not much to ask given the fact that a 1000 rds of bios would cost you at least $10 anywhere else.
[/u][/b]
I see 1000 rds maybe lasting about an hour maybe an hour and a half,  this Is really too bad I see It getting real expensive fast. Oh well........ :-$
** VINI VEDE VECE **

Offline Dirtykorean

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »
This is a field that is not owned by RU they are just running the airsoft portion of it, all proceeds will go to fighter town which these guys are a great group, they also do the dog fighter atv's where there are pb guns mounted on them and they also do rhino's as well.

What's to say that you don't bring your own bio bb's or use non bio's is there going to be a guy checking mags ? besides if you don't allow people to use their own bio's and make them keep buying bios from you is going to loose business.

I talked to Henry originally but with life you have obstacles that jump in front of you I never followed through and the dogs jumped at the bone hopefully RU does not screw this up and leave a bad taste in Fighter towns mouth and makes them just do PB only.

I say good luck and make your decissions wisely, to not turn away business.

PB is the just about the same as airsoft just a few twist and turns that change it.
May your liquor be cold, your women be hot, and may all of your problems just slide off like snot.
~Anton Jackson~

Team Grab Ass It\'s like being a Kennedy

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 01:11:44 PM »
extremist- the games will probably run between 4 and 6 hours per session, and there will be night games.

look we had a sitdown with Tony and Henry and all came to these decisions together. And if people want to use their own ammo and they get caught they will be sent home. non bio bbs are strictly prohibited. Perhaps we can work something out with bringing your own additional bio ammo, but for now it stays the way it is. Perhaps approaching me in a better manor might help further your input.

Additional ammo will be for sale for $10 per 1000 rds. And to speak from my EXTENSIVE experience, I do not see anyone going through more that 2000 rds in a full day unless they are just dumping ammo.

Both Henry and Tony have confidence in our abilities and outlook on how to handle the operation of the airsoft division of the facility. Just come on out and experience the games for yourself when they start.

Offline Dr. Sparky

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »
I think the fields look great...it's sucks that they are even further away, but not too big of a deal. I think it speaks highly to RU's rep that they were asked to come in and help build this up...I know their free games have been a lot of fun.

I think now is the time for the community to speak up and offer good ideas on a pay-to-play airsoft field. Here are a few of mine....

1) Start with a cheap playing cost...$20 a day is too high for airsoft. Airsoft is cleaner than PB and that should be recognized in the price.
2) If you can't offer a lower daily cost, offer a membership with lower daily costs.
3) Bio BB's are a great idea, and having them available to buy on site is good too, but allow players to bring their own. Pick a brand, or standard, and allow players to bring their own.
4) Just like with chronoing players guns allow them to have their BB's checked and certified each day.

Is FighterTown even open to sugestions or have these things already ben put into stone?

Either way...Congratulations RU on being asked to run this....I think you guys do one heck of a job on your games now will continue to do so...

-Trey :)

Offline m4hero

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
forgive me if this question has been asked/answered somewhere else.what will be consider acceptable mouth protection?thank you

Offline extremist

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »
thx for answering my questions but i do think that $20 is a little pricey.
when wiil you guys be doing games
ex. evey weekend starting when or what
thx
\'\'Snipers get more head"

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »
Just a suggestion about BB's. I can get 5000 biodegradable BB's for $20 at airsoftgi.com, so halving the price to $5 per one thousand is more reasonable if you're not going to let people bring their own. If you do let them bring their own then $10 is quite alright, since it allows for the convenience of buying some on the spot, but people aren't forced to pay twice as much.
 Congratulations on your deal with Fighter Town, I can't wait to see what you have.

Offline **INFIDEL**

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
Quote from: "fourwheeltrooperguy"
extremist- the games will probably run between 4 and 6 hours per session, and there will be night games.

look we had a sitdown with Tony and Henry and all came to these decisions together. And if people want to use their own ammo and they get caught they will be sent home. non bio bbs are strictly prohibited. Perhaps we can work something out with bringing your own additional bio ammo, but for now it stays the way it is. Perhaps approaching me in a better manor might help further your input.

Additional ammo will be for sale for $10 per 1000 rds. And to speak from my EXTENSIVE experience, I do not see anyone going through more that 2000 rds in a full day unless they are just dumping ammo.

Both Henry and Tony have confidence in our abilities and outlook on how to handle the operation of the airsoft division of the facility. Just come on out and experience the games for yourself when they start.

For the sake of argument " The Extensive Part"  with your "Extensive Experience" as you should know,some of us don't have springers and I don't know where you get your Bio BB's but It has never cost me almost 30$ to fill up my 249 mag with any kind of BB's.( You do know what a M249 Is right ?) So keeping in mind your "Extensive Experience" you must think we or some of us are stuipid and how dare anyone bring to light any facts that contradict  anything that you post In this forum.  My 249 Is not my pri. but I did'nt buy It to hang on the wall either. Even I can do the math, but It would appear that If we want to play at this really nice facility, then I guess someone has to pay for the cleanup of the paint, and would appear { to me } your services as well. Why does this look so familar ? First MTT posting some time ago and It read's like it was like there place and now this. I'm sorry that you feel like you were'nt approached In a better manner. But this little Airsoft community has what you want and when the hard statements or questions are posted you feel "Picked On" Welcome to the real world In case you just got back !! :-"--------- INFIDEL  Its not a nick Its a life style....Oh I just realized I'm a "Ammo Dumper" so labeled by someone with "Extensive Experience" It could be worse I guess... =D>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:09:08 PM by **INFIDEL** »
** VINI VEDE VECE **

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
A mouth guard or bandana covering you mouth will suffice for mouth protection.

As for the entry price, it will remain at $20, there is a lot of overhead in running this type of facility, not just paint clean up, Fightertown is not  a charity, its a business. I am sorry if you all feel it's too high of a price, maybe we can work on a membership system but for now let's just get the games started.

Now  to handle the bb situation. I will speak with Tony and Henry to see what we can do. Price would remain the same if you were allowed to bring your own ammo, and it absolutely must be biodegradable. the facility is on state land and must abide by rules set by the state. But if it would please everyone to bring their own bios I most likely will be able to arrange it if we check everyone prior to gameplay.

And Merauders are basically renting the facility, Rebel Union will be running the weekly games and hosting big events, but other groups are still free to rent the facility for their purposes.

And we are obviously open to suggestion Trey, feel free to speak your mind. We are flexible and appreciate your input.

Offline **INFIDEL**

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »
I'm curious whether tony and henry approve of the way your handeling the PR aspects of this thread..representing FighterTown...Thats the hundred dollar question I have. The people that have talked too, say both owners are real friendly and respectful and curious.  So I'm wondering why they have showed little Interest and participation In this thread and In no small part there livelyhood and allowing this type of representation to continue.... :-s  I don't think the people I have talked to would lie about Tony & Henry as they would have nothing to gain from It...... :-s
** VINI VEDE VECE **