Author Topic: Operation: Blood Money June 27 at Fighter Town 10 am - 4 pm  (Read 8067 times)

Offline HiRez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Operation: Blood Money June 27 at Fighter Town 10 am - 4 pm
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »
Awesome!, Just one question, I know the TECHnical will be there but just wondering will the deuce be too?

And another question, Lets say the Technical is seen involved in a criminal act, like a delivery of drugs, illegal weapon possession, ect
Is the Vehicle able to be, "seized" for a certain amount of time or something along those lines?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »
Quote from: "HiRez"
Awesome!, Just one question, I know the TECHnical will be there but just wondering will the deuce be too?

And another question, Lets say the Technical is seen involved in a criminal act, like a delivery of drugs, illegal weapon possession, ect
Is the Vehicle able to be, "seized" for a certain amount of time or something along those lines?

Good question... <sits and waits for answer>
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline DXSOLDR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
Do we have to sign Marauder's waivers and Fightertowns waivers?  Or just Fightertown's.  And if both, can you please post a link to the waiver from Marauders?

Offline Marauders Airsoft

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marauders.us
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »
Players only need to complete Fighter Town waivers for the event.  

This forum will  not be checked after 10 pm tonight (Saturday, June 26).

Please try to arrive prior to 9 am.  Registration and chrono will open at 8:15 tomorrow. There is construction on Grand Avenue so plan at least 45 minutes to arrive at the field.

See you at the game!
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

Offline CHOCOLATE_THUNDA

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »
This game sucked.

I didn't get to fire off 1 round. All I did was walk around the field because I couldn't find Michael to buy "coke" from him.

Michael offered $40,000 (or $4,000, can't remember) if I got info on the "American." All he said was he had a tan vest and a baseball cap. Since there were at least 5 people that matched that description, I found him (when I didn't have any money so I couldn't buy "coke") and asked for more details on what he looked like. He said he didn't have a weapon. I was able to see the "American" but wasn't able to get to him. Later at the staging area, I heard him making fun of me behind my back, all because I asked for more info.

Fuck you Michael, and fuck you Marauders Tactical Training.
As long as the Army doesn\'t know my motivation, they\'ll gladly call me a war hero.

Offline Pick

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2010, 04:36:40 PM »
Chocolate:

Kinda Harsh but that's the way the game goes. I'm a DMR and there has been games where i don't fire a single round. My suggestion you want nothing but trigger time with your gun. Try playing paintball?

At any rate that's use of language towards them is not needed nor welcomed.
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. - Sun Tzu

Offline HWG-Victor

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »
Sorry you had a poor time at Operation Blood Money Chocolate Thunda. The very first posting read:

ADVENTURE NOTE*
"Op: Blood Money is a highly complex scenario game designed to force participants to use negotiation, deception, and intelligence gathering skills. The subject of the operation focuses upon the drug wars being waged in Mexico and maybe inappropriate for some participants."

I guess you missed the very important part about this being a complex scenario game etc...

Why don't we give your admission money back and you promise never to come to another Marauders Tactical Training event ever. I believe the phrase is "Banned for life from all future MTT events"? Please contact us ASAP to get your money back. We don't want it.

For anyone else who did not have a good time at this event and would like their money back, please send us a email at mttstaff@gmail.com and politely tell us what you think would have made a better event. We will kindly refund your money or give you a credit to a future event. No hard feelings, and no we won't ban you for life for criticizing us or the game. I think it's all how  you approach it. Be constructive and tell us something more than the game sucks. And for those of you who enjoyed the game, feel free to post what you liked about it and some of your favorite moments.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:10:49 PM by MTT-Victor »

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »
Quote from: "CHOCOLATE_THUNDA"
This game sucked.

I didn't get to fire off 1 round. All I did was walk around the field because I couldn't find Michael to buy "coke" from him.

Michael offered $40,000 (or $4,000, can't remember) if I got info on the "American." All he said was he had a tan vest and a baseball cap. Since there were at least 5 people that matched that description, I found him (when I didn't have any money so I couldn't buy "coke") and asked for more details on what he looked like. He said he didn't have a weapon. I was able to see the "American" but wasn't able to get to him. Later at the staging area, I heard him making fun of me behind my back, all because I asked for more info.

**** you Michael, and **** you Marauders Tactical Training.

they clearly stated in previous posts that this game wouldn't be about trigger time...

also, that isn't a very good way to start yourself off in the community. as a friendly suggestion, don't be so hostile. just because the game didn't go the way you wanted it to isn't validation for you to call out people/event organizers.. you will develop a very bad name for yourself continuing down that road

edit: i'm sorry victor, i missed your reply between hitting "post reply" and submitting my message.. my bad!  8)
see you space cowboy...

Offline tastyfish21

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »
Great game guys! I had a good time! Two of my favorite moments was when HomerJ64 and myself blew up the Federal Center and set up a crazy ambush and captured the American Contractor (who I guess contracts in cocaine). I won a good amount of swag, overall a fun experience.
-SteveO

Offline HiRez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »
Indeed I had a great time, you had to think a little, instead of just discharging your firearm,
As one of the MTT annual pass holders stated, Christan i think, The First time you go to blood money you play government, the second you play cartel, =D

I think the game would have been better with vehicles, but as mike stated, it makes things too confusing, which i understand, Other than chocolate thunders poorly thought out response, and abandoning the game, its was a good game with everyone i talked to, I think chocolates problem, and most of us actually, is that the ones without radios, they were poorly informed, I of course have a radio so no problem with me, And with the Raffle, Me and my 2 friends got 2 free passes, and a 2 for 1 pass, So expect to see us soon Mike, I do have to say though that i like the games at fighter-town much better, There is usually more people that come, Its closer to Civilization, and you can buy cold drink and hot food,

All and all Another great experience.

Oh and Tasty fish, You Bastard! Everyone though i was corrupt and I  let you plant the explosives, even though 3 Marauders guys saw me guarding the left side, But conveniently couldn't remember i was there.  :D                :shock:                     :P

And by the Way Chocolate "Gra                      nt"  I posted this on like page 3 in response to your question
Visit their site for the details dude. its 30 minute breaks i think with hour long missions something like that, this game is extremely advanced, a 10 minute briefing won't do it for most, read what they have on their forum for the game, they linked it earlier in this thread
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:46:37 PM by HiRez »

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
Oh and Tasty fish, You Bastard! Everyone though i was corrupt and I  let you plant the explosives, even though 3 Marauders guys saw me guarding the left side, But conveniently couldn't remember i was there.  :D               :shock:                     :P

I still find that part hillarious  :lol:. I loved the game. It wa snot a pure shoot out, but there were things I wish happened a little bit better. I wish there was a little more communication via PRA members and cartel. I understand the cartel guys were much into the game, but it seemed like they were the most trigger happy of the bunch haha. My only complaint would be that my PRA leader could've gave me better info about what was going on, and communicated things a little better to everyone. So, it's not even a complaint about the game!

Mike, the location choice was awesome. I love fightertown! I traveled 130 miles round trip for this game, and I'm glad it was awesome. Can't wait for the zombie game in the new Vanguard location either.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »
Thanks to everyone who came out to OP: Blood Money at Fighter Town.  Even with 100 plus degree weather we had close to 40 people attend.  Footage from the event will be edited tomorrow and hopefully posted by Tuesday afternoon.

Congratulations to all the players who won prizes through their hard "work" earning blood money during the game.

On a side note - all of the embarrassing stories that are told by staff (as we collect dozens from events) are always told about anonymous players.  We never identify the person unless he/she is a friend of ours.  I didn't know who gave me another great story to add to my list until the end of the day when I read one of the posts above. Since we're on a first name basis...Thanks Grant...er I mean Chocolate Thunda :lol:

Feel free to share your stories about the event here, PM, or to MTTStaff@gmail.com
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
I'd have to say pretty good game MTT. Comms were lacking but I had some fun.

And Chocolate Thunda, you may want to read the team descriptions better next time. It was pretty clear that the cartel wasnt a very trigger happy team.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
Thanks again to everyone who came out and made the game a great experience despite the heat.

A big thank you to Gearbox Airsoft and Fighter Town for sponsoring the event.

Visit the link below for a short video of the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6XKS8JUyw

MTT's next airsoft adventure will be Operation Blackout at the UAC in August.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:17:40 PM by Marauders Airsoft »

Offline Fightertown 1

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »
Thank you Mike for continuing to offer great games to the airsoft community.  We are always willing to do whatever we can to make sure we have a fun place for everyone to play.  If anybody has any advice or input on how we can do things better please let us know.  Once again thank you and remember we are offering open airsoft play on Sundays from 6am to 12 noon for only $10.  We will also be looking into offering night games as well if we get enough interest.

Thanks
Henry