Author Topic: YOUR UNIFORM  (Read 10172 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2005, 09:43:07 PM »
I think he is talking about Sniperwolf88 or somethin..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2005, 09:49:03 PM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
i think the last time we had a major conflict with the mexican army was in the 1880s so we probably dont have alot to fear.most likely most border patrol hasnt even seen a real mexican soldier. Point is its a mexican uniform and its bad ass, and since hes a mexican its only fit he wear it. moral of the story its a kick ass uniform

FYI I think DEETS knows a lot more than you about the subject considering he is.... US BORDER PATROL!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline creed_DET5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 05:14:46 AM »
Deets?  

-Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by creed_DET5 »
DET-5, detailed to SWAIRTAC

\"Well, you\'re either part of the problem, or your\'re part of the solution, or you\'re just part of the landscape.\"  -Ronin

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2005, 07:32:15 AM »
Sounds like a pet name to me.....how cute! haha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2005, 09:43:51 PM »
Quote from: "sNiPeRWoLf88"
not only do i wear OD.... but ti's a mexican army uniform.  you see... they see the impracticality of wearing camoflauge in the middle of a city.  so they cut back and go with OD for that.

Ya.. camo doesn't do crap in urban environments...

8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 10:50:16 PM »
find me a camo that works here ....  note the lack of trees.... bushes.... grass.... mossy buildings...... etc.

Plus... is it just me... or does the US military tend to wear woodland in the middle of american cities?  (i.e. TUCSON)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 11:42:39 AM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 11:02:56 PM »
When was the last time the US military was engaged in a conflict in TUSCON?  They probably wear woodland because everyone has them  (everyone gets woodland in basic as far as I know).  The US military guys are wearing DCUs and Desert MCCUUs in Baghdad.  They blend TONS better than OD anywhere. That is the closest to a true ubran enviroment like you posted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2005, 08:23:09 AM »
find me a camo that works here chief....  note the lack of trees.... bushes.... grass.... mossy buildings...... etc.

Oh, it's there.  I can see it very clearly for the camo that it is.  If you understand the concept of camo, then you'll see it, too.

Camo BDUs are  worn in the field for a reason. Uniforms are worn for another reason altogether.  Sometimes those two reasons overlap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2005, 01:43:32 PM »
and btw... most of the jobs the illegals get are ones that snobby americans don't want.

Though that may well be true, it doesn't make them any less illegal.

Now, in case it was missed, there is a distinction between cammo and uniforms. But, as I also indicated, they sometimes overlap.

A military typically operates in the field. Hence the need for camouflage. However, if they do operate within an urban environment, it doesn't make their BDUs any less of a uniform. Whether it's necessarily the best camouflage may be irrelevant.  It helps prevent blue-on-blue incidents, just as a Lakers' uniform reduces the chance of a player tossing the ball to the wrong guy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2005, 02:27:08 PM »
Quote from: "TimW"
Now, in case it was missed, there is a distinction between cammo and uniforms. But, as I also indicated, they sometimes overlap.

A military typically operates in the field. Hence the need for camouflage. However, if they do operate within an urban environment, it doesn't make their BDUs any less of a uniform. Whether it's necessarily the best camouflage may be irrelevant.  It helps prevent blue-on-blue incidents, just as a Lakers' uniform reduces the chance of a player tossing the ball to the wrong guy.

true and very relevant.  thanks for bringing that up.  i didnt really think of it entirely.  its not like they're planning on waging a war in the middle of a city (not here in the US or in mexico anyways).  the only REAL fighting in mexico happens in chiapas, with rebels everywhere.  and thats in the jungle anyways.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2005, 06:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Quote from: "MicrowvbleTurtle"
I like cheese...

I have the 3-color DCU and a "SPEAR II" (or so I was told by the seller) knock-off vest in "coyote brown".

Working on two sets of woodland BDUs.

WTF is "SPEAR II"?

I have never heard of SPEAR II and thus I put it in quotes as a joke.  Glad to see somebody had my back on no SPEAR II.

kay, if i wanted to hear about everyones opinion about imigration i would have titled this thread " imigration" or "mexico imigration laws". i highly doubt any of your are vicente fox or george bush so your ideals and ideas on imigration are worthless. this is a uniforms thread so tell me about your f@#king uniforms or shut up.

Apparently our thoughts aren't worthless... does Prop. 200 mean anything to you?

Welcome to the world of hijacked threads... get used to it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2005, 07:41:39 PM »
US Issue. They last long, and its cheap. That is if you buy brand new, and wash correctly. If you don't wash them properly it fades and looks crappy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2005, 01:03:12 PM »
Quote from: "creed_DET5"
Deets?  

-Chris

Ooops DET5... maybe DEETS could make a good nickname... what could it stand for???  I think of a good acronym later
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2005, 02:14:44 PM »
You know, I costomized my uniform from scraps of clothing and surplus around the house, but it's mainly black...in fact, it's all black. Because I really only do night/stealth opps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2005, 02:51:59 PM »
Kudos to those that noted the diference between camo and a uniform.

As for the reason the US Army wears woodland as a standard, it was developed and issued during the cold war. At that time it seemed the areas we were most likely to fight would be europe, south east asia, and to prevent communist expansion in central and south america. All places that the woodland works just fine. For that matter, it's good in most of our country and canada.

I have to say, I have always liked the woodland uniform, in fact I liked it better when it still had the skinny tabs on the waist. The new muti cam is cool, but I have some real issues with the extent to which they are using velcro and the zippererd front, don't even get me started. I think they could have done the improved pocket layout and all that, but kept buttons for everything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.