Author Topic: New SCR AEG line.  (Read 5053 times)

Offline jwflowersii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 07:15:23 PM »
Gixser,

I completely understand.  That's why I never got into paintball because it wasn't about using tactics.  It was more like dodgeball.  I love the milsim aspect of Airsoft.  I love teamwork and strategy and airsoft offers all of that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by jwflowersii »

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 10:29:48 PM »
There was a guy at Op Irene on our platoon that came to this game with one of those JT type specials - CA M4, one hi-cap, black tack vest, bag of bbs, and one battery.  It was his first airsoft game.  When I was talking to him about it, I told him he was crazy.  He had the same attitude you do John.  He wanted to try it out and see what it was all about.  He absolutely didnt want to just go to some weekend game organized by some half wits.  He wanted to go to a big game and get right into the thick of it to see if he would like it.  Well, needless to say, he had a good time even though he was hurtin' from all the running and sweatin' that Zussman subjected him to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 11:17:42 PM »
Quote from: "Airsofter1"
all the running and sweatin' that Zussman subjected him to.

What running and sweating....???     :lol:  *laughs with an evil crecendo"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 05:56:31 AM »
I agree with what christian said. Basicly having the guns pricy draws only more serious, and legit people. I would like to use the Saw's as another example. Having the Saw's cost an arm and a leg prevents everyone from owning one. Would we realy want ten or more Saw gunners at one AA game? Also having a Saw cost more, will make you want to implement it as relisticly as possible. The gun also represents a different kind of Airsofter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline DJ NeX

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 09:03:49 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I just like shooting people in general. If its MilSim, GREAT! If its speedball, Cool!, if its Capture the flag AWESOME!  Plinking around the backyard FUN!

I guess you could just say I'm an airsoft fan in general.  I don't think that I could limit to only one type of Airsoft game.  I know alot of you guys are going to rant about how I'm not a pure milsimmer, or how i'm poluting airsoft because I can go out and have fun while being "tactical" part of the time, and being "crazy" the other half.

While I'm not a fan of paintball, I think its a bit funny how elitist some people act about how airsoft is far superior, and they say it OVER and OVER again.  Just saying that the "paintball sucks, and they're a bunch of immature hillbillies" rhetoric is starting to get old.

I think SRC is not really bringing in a new type of airsofter, b/c its still 150 bucks more than your regular LPEG.  I think that SRC is just saving some people money for their toys.  

I don't want anyone to think that I'm calling them out or trying to start a fight. I'm just trying to take a step back and view things from a broader perspective.  Which is important in anything that we do.

My 2 pesos

NeX
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DJ NeX »
Classic Army G36c
Maruzen NBB Walther P99 w/ suppressor
CYMA Japanese Police MP5
HFC Walther P99\'s Silver slide and black slide versions

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »
Quote from: "DJ NeX"
While I'm not a fan of paintball, I think its a bit funny how elitist some people act about how airsoft is far superior, and they say it OVER and OVER again.  Just saying that the "paintball sucks, and they're a bunch of immature hillbillies" rhetoric is starting to get old.

My 2 pesos

NeX

I dont believe that that is true. What I do believe is that paintball and airsoft are for two different mindsets.  Paintball is for those who want to shoot alot of people in a very intesense atmosphere.  Airsoft is for those who want to use tactics in a Milsim environment. And while they may only shoot 1 or 2 people all day, they are still having fun and enjoying the milsim part of the game.  So when you see that people here who play airsoft for these reasons say things like, "I dont like paintball" or "paintball is stupid".  That is just thier opinion and just that. Paintball doenst offer those things that are fun to an airsofter. Although paintball and airsoft share a basic idea, they are very very different from each other.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 10:14:19 AM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"

Yeah thats right your FOB was 20' from all the key objectives ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline DJ NeX

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 11:24:59 AM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
Quote from: "DJ NeX"

My 2 pesos

NeX

I dont believe that that is true. What I do believe is that paintball and airsoft are for two different mindsets.  Paintball is for those who want to shoot alot of people in a very intesense atmosphere.  Airsoft is for those who want to use tactics in a Milsim environment. And while they may only shoot 1 or 2 people all day, they are still having fun and enjoying the milsim part of the game.  So when you see that people here who play airsoft for these reasons say things like, "I dont like paintball" or "paintball is stupid".  That is just thier opinion and just that. Paintball doenst offer those things that are fun to an airsofter. Although paintball and airsoft share a basic idea, they are very very different from each other.

I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Airsoft is not JUST for MilSim, and paintball is not JUST for speedballing.  Or maybe I'm just a complete moron and didn't get that memo.  

I guess as long as you're having fun, more power to you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DJ NeX »
Classic Army G36c
Maruzen NBB Walther P99 w/ suppressor
CYMA Japanese Police MP5
HFC Walther P99\'s Silver slide and black slide versions

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 11:52:07 AM »
Quote from: "I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Airsoft is not JUST for MilSim, and paintball is not JUST for speedballing.  Or maybe I'm just a complete moron and didn't get that memo.  

I guess as long as you're having fun, more power to you.[/quote

Ahh yeah you missed the point completly there bud, Airsoft For most  of us is completely MILSIM. I can understand not have all the gear for the first couple games but after your 3-4 game your HOOKED on milsim aspect of Airsoft, We get alot of Xballers and thats Main reason Milsim, Sorry, I dont not want to attend and will not attend a speedball airsoft game ;)

When you take the Milsim out of Airsoft is might as well be call paintball with 6mm. This is what I fear the SRC will do to airsoft   :?  

Sorry for typos I am at work no time to proff it

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 01:37:53 PM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"

Yeah thats right your FOB was 20' from all the key objectives ;)

War is hell....   [smilie=armata_pdt_11.gif] actually.. I was makin fun of Mike... I hardly recognized him after the first scenario with all the sweat and battle hair he had going on....   no BS that was a friggin work out - FOB or not!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline jwflowersii

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 02:44:06 PM »
I don't think the SRC's are that cheap.  When you consider all the other gear I invested in such as BDUs, Radios, Tac Vests, Extra Mags, and bbs, I estimate that I spent nearly $500 on the equipment.  We have to remember that version 1 CAs had its share of problems.  I think the important part is to plan games and scenarios out with clear objectives and orders.  I played with a group of kids on the 22nd of November and the all followed the orders I was giving them and they were very respectful.  Only after 20 minutes of sitting and waiting for somebody to show up and realizing all of the other defensive teams had abandoned their positions did I let them move out of position.  I think with a good leader and clear objective, even the young ones will listen and pay attention.  I don't think the type of gear causes what happened to paintball.  Take video games as an example, there are numerous types of video games for a variety of players.  I personally play Battlefield 2, America's Army, Call of Duty, as well as others.  While I personally prefer the realistic games such as America's Army, I think BF2 when played with a group of people who want to employ real tactics and manuevers can be just as rewarding.  I can't stand games like Quake and Doom where it is run and gun, but alot of people do and spend more on those games.  (I DON'T KNOW WHY!)  I guess what it comes down to is the type of players there are.  I would rather play the MILSIM way honestly, but I think you can have a group that plays MILSIM and a group that plays more of paintballish.  I'm not advocating Paintball style, in fact I have never played nor will I, but I think it comes down to the person and what their objectives are.  I think most people who buy the gear want to impersonate the military, and that's why they play Airsoft instead of paintball.  Just my two cents.  I just don't think gear is the reason you are seeing the different groups.  Paintball started out like Airsoft, but gained popularity and the majority of people like the speedball style much like a lot of gamers enjoy Doom and Quake.  I just think with increasing visibility the game and increased numbers that you will see some halfwit playing Quake-like in Airsoft(UNFORTUNATELY).  Hopefully, AA can maintain a group of core players who cherish the MILSIM aspect and carry the tradition on.  

Sorry for the long rant,
John Flowers

P.S. Gixser, I don't disagree with you on what you want from airsoft, but I don't know if cheap gear is the reason you are seeing more of these players.  I think the overall awareness of the sport has grown.  I learned about airsoft from my nephew who is 13 years old and plays with a clear pistol.  I did some research and found Arizona Airsoft and said WOW!!!! that is actually what I was looking for.  I just think kids are becoming more aware of the sport because of stores like Sports Chalet and Sports Authority selling the clear plastic stuff.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 03:30:01 PM »
Gear is not the issue I have, Crap I started out with cheap gear and still dont have what some guys have. My issue is I dont want to cheapen the sport too much, I admit airsoft is not a cheap hobby. You said you drop 500 on it yourself, Gear doesnt make a player nor the gun. Shit I was taken out by a new guy with a Springer a few games back,
 Why, cause I called my hit and he didnt

Airsoft is about Honesty, integrity,Good group of guys then Milsim everything else is trivial in my book, The guys that I know and run with in airsoft all have those qualities. So just Because you buy an SRC doesnt mean you lack in those areas but when you open a flood gate sometimes its hard to control what happens ;)

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 04:32:32 PM »
John, I just spent over 600 on one gun.  Nothing exotic, just an M4.  It get's worse, trust me.  :)

DJ, I think paintball is a legit hobby.  I tend to think of it as more of a sport than airsoft given it's tournaments and scoring.  It's fine, and has a place in this world.

However, the paintball mentality has no place whatsoever in airsoft.  Airsoft is a Military Simulation.  That's why out guns look like they do, and thats why we wear gear.  If you want speedball, play paintball.

Call me elitist if you will, but I'm for keeping the two segregated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 04:38:53 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Call me elitist if you will, but I'm for keeping the two segregated.

See we do agree on somethings ;)

and for money spent on AEGs yeah I have another 400 dollars in a 500 AEG right now, So yeah It does get worse

Pics will be up later of my new M14 Crazy Horse

Offline jwflowersii

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 04:46:16 PM »
I just blew 150 bucks upgrading my SRC M4 with a 120 Spring and CA gears and a new body to prevent wobbling.  I bought an extra battery too so that is 30 bucks, and I forgot about my red dot that was 40 bucks.  That's like $700!!!!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!!  

Yeah, we agree on alot, just don't rag on my lowly SRC!!  :lol: