Author Topic: New SCR AEG line.  (Read 5000 times)

Raven1

• Trade Count: (0)
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2005, 09:54:03 AM »
People talk about "vets" and have brought up the issue of new players to the sport. The talk about aeg's, gear, commitment and comparison to our "sister" sport paintball.

I don't tend to think of myself as a "leader" or run around screaming about being "legit!"  Just a guy who happens to like playing airsoft and has been doing it now for the better part of 7 years!

That being said its time to talk my *ish now.

Wake the hell up people; step back, take a good look.  Ask questions, go to the games, talk to people, This Board is So Misleading until you meet face to face and see first hand!  I pissed a lot of people off before attending my first game, Paco hated me and John Bovenzi was set to kick my ass at our first meeting!  For Serious peoples.

Marui is the best value for the money, YES SRC initially is inexpensive, but a stock Marui is not that much more and the damn things just work!  Best advice is check the "for sale" board and a get a good solid "gently used" Marui.  Someone is always upgrading or trading up.

Airsofting is a character revealing sport, not a character building one!  Honor, integrity, comraderie, tactics are the corner stones of this sport!  Go out, have fun (its a game people), call your shots (not call their shots), learn from those around you, ask questions, give input (even the first time airsofter has valuable/credible input), have fun, our lives are difficult enough all week, hit the field and leave all the bullshit behind because now its about completing the objective, putting a 6mm enema is someones ass and taking care of the guy next to you.  Its a game people, have fun, tell jokes, hit me with a storie and by all means tell me what happened to you out on the field and how kewl it all is.

People talk about commitment and how much they spend or how you have to drop big paper to be legit!  Deal With It Bitches!  If you want cheap, rent your "America's Army" from Hollywood Video, slam your Red Bull, grub your HoHos and stop whining!  We all drop big paper to play the game, nobody put the proverbial GBB to your temple and forced to place that big order on WGC!  Haji didn't send you a link to the website where your chocolate lab puppy is about to get tuned up as soon as haji breaks out the tool box if you don't buy the latest vest from DBT!  This Is Not an Inexpensive Sport, in this game Reliability+High End Performance=Big PayPah!!  !!PERIOD Wiggaz!!  Its the same For EVERYTHING, cars, houses, high maintenace bitches (and believe me I been afflicted by ALL 3!)

Commitment to me (and this is my opinion people) is the guy who gets up early to run every morning for 3 months straight  before the big Op to be in shape for the game.  Who practices his shooting skills at least once a week both hand gun and aeg.  Who hits the gym every week because he's afraid of letting his team down when his LT "wants to know whats on the other side of that hill, and Every other Damn hill."  So quit taking fashion points because all it takes is one BB and your ass and your hiking to a five minute breather.  Bottom line is you get a kit that works for you, that makes your play efficient and effective on the field.  Hopefully it will be at a good price, but let what works for you be your guide, not what looks kewl, because cumbersome, too heavy, too hot (seen to many guys sweating their asses off to look sexy on the field only to sit out the rest of the afternoon from dehydration), awkward (to many guys can't even reach 1/3rd of their pouches and ask "can you get this out of ,,, for me").  But I hope some see what I'm trying to say.

Lastly people are worried about the caliber of people lower priced aegs will bring on the field.  That's Retarded!  Let them All Play!  If they don't call their shots people will notice, if they are not good peoples then they won't be invited back.  Never having been to/rarely going to games and Bitching on the boards is a waste of Everyones time!  Get out there and play.  Have some fun, make some new friends.

I'm sorry for those of you who bought poorly performing guns.  But you're not alone as I've had more than my share too.  It's all a part of the learning process, we all have different reasons as to Why we keep playing airsoft.  But we all share the same reason in what we love about airsoft, the tactics, the guns, the honor of play and the company of those who share in our love for the sport!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raven1 »

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »
whoa, hector...
that may be the single most beautifuly put post i've ever seen... i agree 110%
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ranger_Robby »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2006, 04:21:03 PM »
That comment just earned a free pass from the cash you Formerly Used to Owe Me!!

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »
That was truly beautifull... I chose this fine hobby for many reasons. The main ones are:
1: Teamwork.
2: I get to shoot people
3: The tactics
4: I get to shoot people
5: Most importantly, new friends
6: Cardiovascular excercise
I out of everyone knows it costs real money to enjoy this hobby the way each individual wants. I have enjoyed the hell out of it so far and am gonna continue for a long time rgardless of how much gear, guns or otherwise I own.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2006, 06:40:09 PM »
I love you Hector  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2006, 08:02:38 PM »
hey hec... if someone would answer the phone every once in a while I would have formerly owed it to you sooner ;)

hector, you coming to the jan AA game?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ranger_Robby »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2006, 10:22:12 PM »
Apologies all around if my long winded rant upset any of you.

Love U 2 Mad Sarge!

Robby, You should have been Christian last night trying to get me too!  In the end I was so lit up I didn't know where I was and glad my girl is preggers to take us home last night!  Sorry about my phone Robby, when you're as big a phone pimp as I am people come to expect that I change phones all the time and don't always get my calls until T-Mobile's system catches up with my ever changing "Hawd Vhere!"