Author Topic: New SCR AEG line.  (Read 5045 times)

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
New SCR AEG line.
« on: December 04, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »
Well I figured this would happen soon. (and good timing right before Christmas too...) but SRC has released a full metal AEG line with pretty much every M4 combo you can imagine. M4A1, SR-16, CQB, etc. Not bad.

Their stock M4, is even less than $300. They're keeping with usual economic efficiency as well.

No do they shoot well? That's the question, but judging by the performance of their first AEG, these probably won't do half bad.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?srch=SRC-AEG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 06:23:12 PM »
They have them all at Jungletoy..well, pretty much all of them. The M16A2 is nice. Felcher has one. I saw it today at the LE training we conducted today.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 06:51:50 PM »
I saw most of 'em at JT Phoenix.

Not too shabby...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline Tigerman

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:22:34 PM »
From my experiences (and $230), I do not recommend buying SRC AEGs.  I have an SRC SR4 and it has too many problems, never once shot correctly.  The staff at the Tempe JungleToy tell me they've recieved a lot of lemons from SRC, too.  That's never a good thing :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Tigerman »

Team F.R.E.D.

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 10:28:36 PM »
Quote from: "Tigerman"
From my experiences (and $230), I do not recommend buying SRC AEGs.  I have an SRC SR4 and it has too many problems, never once shot correctly.  The staff at the Tempe JungleToy tell me they've recieved a lot of lemons from SRC, too.  That's never a good thing :(
This is a whole new line...of Full Metal SRC AEGs. Not to mention they've probably touched up the gearboxes since then.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline warlock

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.warl0k.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 11:40:31 PM »
I'm glad I'm a CA person.

I've seriously seen a half-dozen of the SRC M4s die in the field, and most of them were brand-spankin-new. Nothing like visually witnessing the same thing happen, again and again, to a series of different guns from the same manufacturer to give one some pause when thinking of purchasing one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by warlock »
Team OPFOR
FPS Limits are restrictions, not goals!
Op Organizer
Lead, Follow, or get the **** outta my way!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 01:38:54 AM »
You get what you pay for.

The [pseudo] Gangster Grip is a nice touch though, even if the angle is way off.  

Maybe they wanted their CQBRs to look like mine! :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Nimso

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 06:24:35 PM »
I spent a long time at JungleToy today and the guy there said SRC is a good "beginner" gun and that they only last about 2-3 months, even if you take great care of them. Personally i'd say get either ICS, Classic Army, or Tokyo Marui!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nimso »
The name\'s Nimso... Remember that!

My Guns:
1. ICS M4A1--- My baby

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 06:30:48 PM »
Quote from: "Nimso"
I spent a long time at JungleToy today

Sorry, Paul.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Paul D Wog

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 11:58:20 AM »
Quote from: "Nimso"
I spent a long time at JungleToy today and the guy there said SRC is a good "beginner" gun and that they only last about 2-3 months, even if you take great care of them. Personally i'd say get either ICS, Classic Army, or Tokyo Marui!

:shock: I never said that the gun would only last two or three months. What I tried to explain is that, while the SRC does have some flaws (sector gear) it is a great beginner platform and a good, inexspensive foundation to build off of.
Yes, I own one.
Yes, I upgraded it. (Classic Army gears,metal bushings, and a 120 spring. Shoots 345 with a .20)
Yes I would buy another.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paul D Wog »
Short Guns.
It's what I do.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
I see a differnt type of player now in Airsoft with the Introduction of the SRC, Yes its affordable but It a differnt mentality of player now, Maybe its a good thing only time will tell,

Yes, the sport needs growth but at what cost,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline jwflowersii

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 03:02:21 PM »
Gixser,

What type of player do you think buys a SRC M4? I bought an SRC M4 recently to get into airsoft to see if I like it.  It was a little more affordable for my wife than 320 bucks for a CA or ICS.  Now, that I'm hooked and have learned from the veterans what to do, I hope I can grow and expand my airsoft military sim knowledge and be able to participate in HUGE Operations.  I think it is important to grow the sport, and affordability plays a factor, but in order for the sport to maintain its core values: honor, integrity, and fun the veterans will have to instill these values at games and such.  I'm 28, so I have an older mentality, but I hope to be able to teach those who are younger proper and appropriate conduct on the field.  Just my two cents.  BTW, can anyone teach tactics used at the big events.  I'm very interested in learning appropriate tactics and manuevers.  I know I'm a wanna be, but I really enjoy the stragety and command structure that the military has.

Thanks,
John Flowers
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by jwflowersii »

Offline Paul D Wog

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 03:15:34 PM »
I think the ones Dave was referring to would be the ones who walk in to look at springers to shoot there buddies at work and end up with an AEG.
The SRC is apealing to some people purely on a price basis. These are the ones who never come to a game, and break their guns constantly because they don't understand that you cant dry fire for 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paul D Wog »
Short Guns.
It's what I do.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 03:34:50 PM »
Gixser, jwflowers, Paul-
You all have good points, and I think you nailed it on the head.

I'm out of my lane here discussing SRC AEGs, but I thought I'd comment on the above comments while the "ink" was still wet.

With regards to what Gixser said, he's right.  Airsoft is an expensive hobby, and there's no way around that.  Frankly, I like that!  I enjoy airsoft for it's MilSim aspect moreso than the action/pursuit aspect.  I like to wear authentic military gear, and I try to have guns that are as close to the real thing as can be.  When I started airsoft, I felt the same way!  I held off on showing up at a game until I had the complete gear and gun setup.  It's the reason I showed up at the Cajun House in a Nomex balaclava, Protec, Bolle T800s, RAID BDUs, and a LBT Chest Rig.  

I never learned anything about gear from another airsofter, I got my info from military personnel, and by studying photos wherever I could find them.  

Because of that attitude, I am disappointed when I see someone show up wearing BDUs, with Shooting Glasses, and ONE hicap in their SRC M4.  Here I am going to the trouble of getting the right gear, and this guy shows up wearing backyard 'softing gear?

Now, I've come to understand WHY guys do that, and it doesn't necessarily bother me.  Some guys just can't wait to play, and this excitement is rendered on the field.  These are the types of guys that sometimes buy SRC guns, and I think jwflowersii is one of them.

Somewhat of a rarity, albeit a VERY WELCOME one, you started small, then built up from there.  I saw a fantastic new -player emerge on that field, and your hunger for knowledge has been a great credit to those that run and play at these games!

For the most part, I see SRC buyers mostly how Paul pointed out.  The kind of guy that normally wouldn't buy an AEG to step-it-up, but saw them as so inexpensive he just couldn't say no.  Yes, they are cheap, but I think we've all come to see that you get what you pay for.

Fortunately, some of the new guys that have emerged on the field lately have not fit that mold, and for that I'm thankful.

I hope that makes sense.  YMMV, and back on topic. . .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 04:45:31 PM »
Thank You you Christian, I was at work when I posted that comment, I should of explained it a little better but you hit the nail on the head.

-jwflowersii-
 We welcome any and all player that meet the AA regulations to play, You sound about like us We love the Milsim aspect of the game, Tactic, team work and a chain of command. We have a great
Airsoft base right now. I just would hate to see it turn into paintball,

I just don't want our games to turn into a bunch of backyard hillbilly shooting each up wearing wife beaters and all using springer's
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »