Author Topic: Lots of Stuff  (Read 1195 times)

Offline PolDak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Lots of Stuff
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:35:46 AM »
1 Good place to play
2 Any people in the Greenway pkwy/Cave Creek rd area between 13 and 18 want to organize a game (interview or other required)
3 Our rules

BG info:   I'm fifteen, going on sixteen, and airsoft came to me in the form of a yellow mini M4A1 Carbine that my friend Mike used to piss me off under the door while I was in the bathroom. A year later when another friend of mine, who also happened to be Mike, bought an M4A1 Carbine from ICS, I decided to buy into a gas M9 Beretta from KJWorks (not-so-great company in my opinion now). My gun is in repairs now after seven months, which in time the hop-up stopped working, the clip holder failed (when I would fire it, the blowback would loosen it and release), the slide wouldn't blowback far enough to load the next .20g BB, and the safety stopped working. I asked a lovely company called Jungle Toy to repair it. They smiled and took the gun behind their store, masturbated for fifteen minutes, and returned it to me saying it had been fixed. I then took it to Softair Depot for reapirs, and now after three weeks my gun came up on their queue list and they're waiting for some parts to come in.  What little experience I have with gas pistols (M9 Beretta types) and AEGs (version 2/3 gearboxes) is enough for me to work on my own guns with confidence (but I learned about those gearboxes from Mike's M4). I'm saving up for a Tokyo Marui AK/MP5 (if I get an MP5K, I don't doubt I'd get another one just to duel wield), although an AK is preferrable because I can play Rambo and go for some accurate sniping, as well.

1:   I live near the intersection of Cavecreek rd and Greenway pkwy in Phoenix, Arizona. Playing along inside the wash there gets pretty boring. Pistol-only games and duels get boring. Playing at my home or at someone else's house gets boring. I know any place we play at will get boring. I need suggestions of places we can drive to to play as well as places we can drive to and play or drive further and play. Anywhere good within a 30 minute drive and sparse population. Hillside/mountain side preferrable. Many hills a plus.

2:   Anyone between 13 and 18 interested in playing no-gear, low-tech games with pistols between (at least and at most) 220 and 350 fps and rifles between 250 and 400 fps. Snipper rifflers can be happy to know their limit is 425, as long as they have a backup weapon in case someone gets a bit close (20yds). The fps differences are based on how close and dirty each one will be getting, and so the lower the fps, the safer we'll be, as we have no gear and we just like to play. We have different rules, and we're experimenting with a few, namely -- one-shot kills (to eliminate cheaters), dead body gorging (any 'nades, or a gun without a yellow flag can be picked up from a person who was shot out on the ground). The fps rules can be stretched somewhat, and these two new rules are just being tested. Other rules depend upon the game. We hope that, if we get a group going, we can take change donations to afford movable bases made up of plastic pipe and tarp/walkie-talkies/and rental 'nades. Interview includes chrono, a test shot to our backs (distance depending on the gun), and two games, one-on-one and small group game, which will be played after a few days to make time for organization. If you can speak Polish, you're a plus.

3:   Rules are very flexible except the rules of punishment, such as cheating, foul-play, etc, result in bans/shots in the ass. These rules will probably change as we're moving from just a small group of friends to a hopefully modest group of strangers.

-PolDak
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolDak »
Fish: The new AK-74 UN assault rifle; equipped with a hefty EG1300 high-speed, high-torque motor.
Pole: Reminds me of my penis.
Fish: What,l the short-type motor?

Offline seph6885

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:43:34 AM »
1. put this in the 'introduce yourself' section.

2. most people here happen to like jungletoy.

3. you are 15.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seph6885 »

after throwing a man through a window..
newsreporter: \"is there anything you regret about what you did?\"
charles: \"yea, i regret we weren\'t on a higher floor\"

Offline azmjs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:16:09 AM »
Quote from: "PolDak"
1 Good place to play
2 Any people in the Greenway pkwy/Cave Creek rd area between 13 and 18 want to organize a game (interview or other required)
3 Our rules

If you can speak Polish, you're a plus.

-PolDak

1 & 2)  http://www.airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/viewforum.php?f=72&sid=8f9c2714afb1b88e4416b51ec31ecd78  << March Airsoft Games

3) http://www.airsoftarizona.com/rules.htm << The Rules

Everyone in Airsoft Arizona is extremely lucky.
ASU is offering an 8-week intensive Polish class this summer for free through their Critical Languages Institute.
http://www.asu.edu/clas/reesc/cli/index.htm
With hard work, we might all pass our interviews at your prestigious airsoft organization, PolDak.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azmjs »

Offline PolDak

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »
I say again, we're a group of teens with our own rules and we wish to play modest games with other people in our area--we aren't a prestigious organization, and we don't appreciate abusive sarcasm. With Jungle Toy, I apologize if I've offended anyone, but the wokers there, especially at the store near 35th and Northern, somehow fixed my gas pistol without any effect and somehow upgraded my friend's AEG by having it switch between firing full and semi-auto and continually jamming. Other airsoft vets that sometimes play with us are half-and-half with Jungle Toy, but I generally like to stay away from them based on my experience. As for speaking Polish, it is what a few of the group members speak and would be a plus if we were to play at any spnsored tournaments by AA or Softair Depot.
Fish: The new AK-74 UN assault rifle; equipped with a hefty EG1300 high-speed, high-torque motor.

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 04:29:24 PM »
With Jungle Toy, I apologize if I've offended anyone, but the wokers there, especially at the store near 35th and Northern, somehow fixed my gas pistol without any effect and somehow upgraded my friend's AEG by having it switch between firing full and semi-auto and continually jamming.

Well if your talking about Jerimiah/Paul/Ron your sadly mistaken. Good people and good at what they do.

Other airsoft vets that sometimes play with us are half-and-half with Jungle Toy, but I generally like to stay away from them based on my experience. As for speaking Polish, it is what a few of the group members speak and would be a plus if we were to play at any spnsored tournaments by AA or Softair Depot.

Your not allowed at official Airsoft Arizona games or Airsoft Addicts games, YOUR ONLY 15!!!! Must be 18 to play at either... :roll: Read the rules..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline PolDak

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 09:33:52 PM »
I can agree that those people there are good people and good at what they do, but not good at what I asked and at the moment I asked it.

Not for local games some people put up--and my age doesn't matter. Age doesn't determine wisdom. Still looking for people between thriteen and eighteen to join up.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 10:00:43 PM »
Not for local games some people put up--and my age doesn't matter. Age doesn't determine wisdom.

No one said anything even remotely to that.  I dont know how people read things that are not even there. :roll:
 Anyways about the age thing. They were simply stating that you are too young to play at AA games as you had wrongly stated earlier. Good luck with your team and if you want to know more about AA I would read...
http://www.airsoftarizona.com/rules.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 10:43:34 PM »
Age doesn't determine wisdom
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »
Quote from: "Phyrst"
Age doesn't determine wisdom

Hell, I thought all those years were teaching me something.  "Scuse me now must put a BB to my head"

Sierra 1

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 10:47:24 PM »
Guess it don't teach you how to post.   :oops:

Sierra 1

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 07:27:01 AM »
Age doesn't determine wisdom.

Age doesnt determine knowledge

Wisdom is achieved through time and experience....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....